Racism and xenophobia won’t stop the spread of the virus. Healthy habits can help.
Here are 10 steps to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Stay calm. Think carefully about how you can help your community and loved ones.
- Wash your hands. A lot. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds and wash often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. This helps reduce the chances of you getting sick.
- Stay at home if you’re sick. We want everyone to stay as healthy as possible.
- If you believe you were exposed to COVID-19, or have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, call your healthcare provider immediately.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze. Make sure you use tissues and throw them away in a lined trash can.
- Avoid sharing household items. This applies to cups, eating utensils, bedding, and towels.
- Disinfect objects and surfaces in your home and at work. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Sleep well. Your immune system is working best if you are well-rested.
- Get a flu shot. It’s still flu season so it’s best to stay at full health and help protect others, too.