Your hard work and your vote made history! We flipped the House with leaders dedicated to putting families first and elected many firsts.
Our vote sent a clear message to Trump and his allies that we reject their politics of greed, division and hate.
Check out all the firsts:
- Sylvia Garcia and Veronica Escobar: Texas’ first Latina women in Congress.
- Sharice Davids (KS) and Deb Haaland (NM): first Native American women elected to Congress.
- Johana Hayes: first black woman elected to represent Connecticut in the House of Representative.
- Jared Polis (Colorado): first openly gay man elected as governor.
- Ayanna Pressley: Massachusetts' first black congresswoman.
- Ilhan Omar (MN) and Rashida Tlaib (MI): first Muslim women elected to Congress. Omar is also the first Somali-American woman in Congress.
In key areas we won:
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak
Nevada Senator Jacky Rosen
House of Representatives
CA-10: Josh Harder
CA-25: Katie Hill
CA-48: Harley Rouda
CO-06: Jason Crow
FL-26: Debbie Mucarsel-Powell
NJ-07: Tom Malinowski
NY-11: Max Rose
N-04: Steven Horsford
VA-10: Jennifer Wexton
Plus many more across the country were elected with a promise to stand with us and demonstrate that America is a place for ALL. We will hold them to this and make sure they deliver.
Immediately, we demand a permanent solution for Dreamers and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders who have contributed and lived here for years, going to school, opening businesses, raising families, and contributing to our economy and rich culture.
We’re excited for this new energy and can’t wait to see it in action as we continue to fight back over these next two years and go hard come 2020.