Our heroes on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis are our healthcare workers, cashiers, janitors, airport workers and more--many of whom are immigrants. Yet, Congress continues to leave out protections for millions of these workers in the COVID-19 bills. This is irresponsible and dangerous.
Here's what you can do to help:
- Call your members of Congress and tell them that any COVID-19 bill must include protections for all people, regardless of immigration status: 1-866-584-3909
- Join us. Text COVID to 802495 or sign onto our petition.
- Get ready to elect leaders who will protect all workers, no matter their race or where they were born. Register to vote or update your registration if you have moved or changed your name.
- Share these resources to keep all families healthy.
- Social distancing is a perfect opportunity to make your voice heard online. Find easy to use click-to-tweets here:
Click-to-tweet: Viruses don’t discriminate and neither should our policies. Any COVID-19 bill must include testing and treatment for everyone, no matter their race or where they are from. Tell Congress to #ProtectAllWorkers: 1-877-267-5060 pic.twitter.com/C592vlX2Qe
Click-to-tweet: The real heroes on the frontlines keeping our nation running are our healthcare workers, janitors, airport workers and grocery store clerks to name a few-- many of whom are immigrants and people of color. Any #COVID19 bill MUST include all workers. #ProtectAllWorkers
Click-to-tweet: Leaving out some people in a pandemic that affects everyone is dangerous and irresponsible. Any #COVID19 bill MUST include everyone, no matter where they were born or how much money they have. #ProtectAllWorkers
Click-to-tweet: Denying hard working, low-income immigrants from #COVID19 treatment and testing leaves everyone at greater risk. Tell Congress to #ProtectAllWorkers, no matter where they were born: 1-877-267-5060