Who We Are
iAmerica is the national immigrant justice campaign platform of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) created to offer informational tools and interactive opportunities for immigrants and their families in America to become full participants in our nation’s democracy. We are proud to advocate, defend, and fight for the rights of all American families by uniting, strengthening, and activating our civic and democratic participation to inspire real change.
What We Believe
We believe that all people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect– no matter where we were born, the color of our skin or how much money we make. That’s why we are fighting to build an immigration system that is humane, fair, and functional with a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented people who call America home.
What We Offer
iAmerica is a source of empowerment for immigrant families of all walks of life, providing the tools and support to be informed, inspire change, and impact our future and America’s legacy. From applying for U.S. citizenship to finding trusted legal resources in your neighborhood, to assisting eligible citizens to register to vote, iAmerica houses the solution you need to build a brighter future for your family.
What We Do
iAmerica brings our community together to fight and win on the issues that will give all American families the respect and dignity we deserve. Here’s how we do it:
- Advocating for policies at the national, state, and local levels that provide the opportunity for all of us, including immigrants, the chance to thrive and provide a better future for our families
- Increasing awareness in our community about the issues that impact our families
- Fighting back against attacks on immigrant communities
- Helping eligible lawful permanent residents become U.S. citizens
- Encouraging voters of color and newly naturalized U.S. citizens to make their voices heard by voting and advocating on the issues our community cares about